Consciousness & happiness

Monday, June 05, 2006

Avoiding


Back from four weeks cycling in Croatia and Montenegro: a magic May. With this...

So long as I see my life as a process, as a practice to be honed or a path to be followed, I'm avoiding: trading the reality of "as it is" for some better "as it will be."

The future is forever inaccessible. This is all I've got to work with, good or bad, happy or sad. This is all there is, including my belief that there must be more, and my belief that such thinking is futile.

4 Comments:

  • Barry,

    Based on my experience, assuming there is a reason or purpose for everything leaves me constantly enlivened with the question: "What was the purpose of that?"
    Every once in awhiile I get an "answer" that makes me go "aha!" I like "ahas." The next day I want an immediate "aha" because the other option is eating some comfort food, and so I mentally regurgitate my previous question and its answer only to find out that the "aha" value is gone from the answer. It can now safely be killed (see my comment in "63" above). Does that mean that the answer wasn't real, or was useless, or is futile? I don't think so because I like "ahas."

    Perhaps an analogy: I like eating yet everything I eat turns to shit. Would that mean that I should let go of eating? I like eating!

    Could it be that we are supposed to make answers, and we are supposed to discard them? Could that be a purpose of being human?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2006  

  • Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 04, 2006  

  • I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 10, 2006  

  • Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home